Shree Ramakrishna B.T. College, Darjeeling is the only Teachers' Training College in India where Nepali language is taught as one of the Method Papers in B.Ed. Course. Till 1961 college was under the Calcutta University and after that college was affiliated to the North Bengal University now it is affiliated to The West Bengal University of Teachers Training, Education Planning and Administration, Kolkata. 49% of the total seats are being reserved for Nepali (those they have got proficiency in Nepali language in Higher Secondary). This is the only B.Ed. College which has introduced uniform from 1999-2000 batch for the students. A uniform is of great importance for any Institutions. It's an identity for a student and also for the institution. It signifies uniformity and equality among the students.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES
- To prepare academically reflective, culturally sensitive, socially responsible, pedagogically sound and technology-savvy teachers.
- To stimulate, educate and enable the trainees for excellence in teaching, learning research and innovation.
- To quip the trainees wth advance knowledge and skill of teaching.
- Development of good Teaching Aptitude, Self-Confidence and Discipline.
- To develop academic abilities as well as co-curricular activities in students.
- To provide healthy and supportive environment for trainees.
- To conduct in-service teacher training program to upgrade teaching efficiency of in-service teacher.
- To develop the interest of staff for personal academic growth and skill enrichment.
- to serve the community in the field of environment, education and values.
- To bring sense of brotherhood, peace and social harmony.