INTERNAL COMPLAINTS COMMITTEE (ICC)
Shree Ramakrishna B.T. College, Darjeeling has established the Internal Complaints Committee (ICC) as per U.G.C & NAAC guidelines, to provide a healthy and congenial atmosphere to the staff and students. The committee has been directed to recognize the current situation of violence against women in the College Campus. It has been further instructed to take necessary actions to prevent and eliminated sexual harassment against women. Any activities like physical torture and sexual abuse should strictly be dealt with. If any such complain os lodged or anyone is caught in such actions, he/she must be firmly dealt with as per the "Sexual Harassment of Work Place (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal Act)".
The objectives of the Committee (ICC) are:
- To provide a nuetral, confidential and supportive enviroment for members of the campus community who may have been sexually harassed.
- Deal with cases of discrimination and sexual harassment against women, in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimized and termination of the harrasment.
- Recommend appropriate punitive action against the guilty party.
- To ensure equal access of all facilities and participation in activities of the college.
- To promote awareness about sexual harassment through educational initiatives those encourages and foster a respectful and safe campus environment.
THE COMPOSITION OF ICC
- Miss Lochan Thapa (Teahcer-In-Charge)
- Mrs.P.L. Sherpa (Shrestha)
- Mr. Khiran Suba & Miss Mousumi (TR)
- Mrs. Dibya Chettri & Mrs. July Baraily (NTR)
- Miss Anamika Pradhan (Student's Representative)
- Mr. Bhanu Bhakta Pradhan (Student's Representative)